SERVICE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Go Auto Transport Ltd (dba GoDispatch) agrees to transport vehicle(s) described on transport order on or about the times requested or agreed on. Pickup and delivery times are not guaranteed. They are only estimates. We have no control over weather conditions, mechanical failures, Provincial or Federal Regulations, road conditions, other customers’ schedules, illness or death. If you have a specific date you have to have your vehicle picked up or delivered please let us know so we can discuss what your options are.
- Based on Customer’s acceptance of this agreement, Go Dispatch, is authorized to operate and transport Customer’s vehicle from point of origin to the destination specified in the bill of lading and to drive said vehicle either at origin, destination or between the points of loading/unloading and the points of pickup/delivery.
- The shipping agreement is subject to all terms and conditions of the carrier’s bill of lading, whether its via a phone call, text message, social media, email, or written agreement,
- Carrier will drive vehicles on and off the transporter. Carrier will pick up and deliver as close to your door as legally and as safely as possible. A mutually agreeable place to load or unload may be necessary because of low hanging trees, low hanging wires, narrow streets, and municipal ordinances. It is illegal for car carriers to go into most residential areas.
- Carrier accepts responsibility of vehicle after pre-inspection is done and is signed by the Customer/Agent and the Carrier. Carrier responsibility will end when the vehicle is delivered and Customer/Agent signs final inspection. At the time of pick up, Customer and Carrier will carefully inspect the vehicle for pre-existing damage by completing a vehicle inspection report. The Carrier and Customer will both acknowledge the condition of the vehicle by signing a copy of the bill of lading. After delivery, this process will be repeated with the Customer and Carrier that delivers the vehicle(s). Damage must be noted in the proper place on the bill of lading and signed by the driver and Customer, regardless of weather or time of day. Signing the bill of lading and inspection report without notation of any damage verifies that Customer has received vehicle(s) in satisfactory condition, and that Go Dispatch, Carrier, and their agents are relieved of any further responsibility. Customer MUST check vehicle thoroughly at time of pick up and again at time of delivery.
- Private customers, excluding dealerships agrees that their vehicle is insured and that their insurance has primary responsibility. Go Dispatch maintains $1,000,000 liability. There is a $1000 deductible to the customer if a damage occurs during transport and a claim over $1000 is made. Occurrences not covered are clearly listed below and on your Bill of Lading upon which your car is shipped. Go Dispatch will not be responsible for any damage not resulting from transporters negligence. This includes the following:
Damage not detected at pickup location due to weather, lighting, or vehicle too dirty to inspect. Damage to car phones, video equipment, or any antennas under any condition. It is recommended that you remove them. Vehicles that have defective or insufficient brakes, parking brake or parking gear.
Damage caused by fluids or objects flying up from the road, or out of the sky. Glass damage caused by road debris. Damage caused by vandalism during transport. Damage to cloth or vinyl convertible, T-Tops, boots, bras, caps, or decorative tops that does not result from negligence. Damage caused by failure of factory tie-downs or pull through frame tie-down holes. Damage to undercarriage, exhaust system, suspension, wheel bearings, tie downs, brakes, alignment, battery or charging system. (No inspection evaluation is performed at pickup location therefore Go Dispatch does not accept responsibility for them.)
Mechanical Function Damages to include, engine, transmission, rear end, motor mounts, drive trains, wiring systems, cooling systems, window motors, radios, stereo systems, power steering, air bag, brake cable, brake system, clutch cable, clutch, engine tuning, vehicle computerized systems, alarm systems, any switch. (anything that is mechanical or electrical) (No inspection evaluation is performed at pickup location therefore Go Dispatch does not accept responsibility for them.) Plastic Bumper brackets that have been broke or loosened from scraping or bumping curbs. Please note that transportation could weaken any pre-existing damages.
- Any personal belongings left in vehicle are shipped strictly at the owner’s personal risk. Personal items include boxes, furniture, plants, clothing etc. These items should be shipped with your household moving company. This policy is strictly enforced for the following reason: It’s against the law for a licensed motor carrier to transport anything that isn’t covered under the applicable Transport Operating Authority. Items not included on the driver’s bill of lading can be confiscated and the carrier can be fined. The Transport Authority has been known to take vehicles off of the truck, unload for inspection, and simply leave personal items sitting on the side of the road or at a scale. ALL trucks are subject to these inspections. Also, personal belongings are not covered by the carrier’s insurance; therefore any damage caused to the items or by the items is not covered by the insurance. Drivers will not inventory any items and will not assume responsibility for them. Also additional weight in the vehicle may cause the driver to be over legal maximum weight therefore putting him at risk of a fine of up to $5000.00. The driver is ultimately responsible for any and all fines therefore, items left in the vehicle are allowed only at the drivers’ discretion. If the driver is not comfortable with the type of items or feels the weight of items will cause him to be over the legal weight limit, he will ask you to remove the items prior to shipment.
- The Customer agrees that should this vehicle become inoperative for any reason during the transport, a charge of $200.00 (two hundred dollars) will be added to the transport charges and will be collected at time of vehicle delivery, or billed to the company (if applicable).
- All payments for transport are to be paid in money draft, or company check (payable to Go Dispatch). The customer agrees that if the payment cannot be made at delivery, the vehicle will be stored at the customer’s expense. Should the customer be unable to take delivery for any reason, the vehicle will be placed in storage and all storage and/or delivery charges will be the responsibility of the customer. This is only applicable to private customers, and not dealerships.
- Customer & Carrier agrees that this is the only contract between the parties governing this transport and no other agreement or contract is in effect. No claim or legal action of any kind may be initiated against transporter’s agent(s) or the transport broker (if any). Claims for damages must be made to the transporter. All Claims will be settled at actual cost.
- You or your designated representative must be present when the vehicle condition report is done at pick up or delivery and you or your designated representative must sign the bill of lading and condition report at both pickup and delivery.
- Scratches, dents, etc. will be noted by our driver/agent, or representative on the bill of lading at origin. In the unlikely event there is additional damage caused by our driver or our equipment, it should be noted on the bill of lading at delivery.
- Carrier must not solicit the clients by calling, emailing, leaving business cards, talking directly to the client for business, or accepting their call for business. Only contact allowed is to verify the unit is ready for pickup & drop off. Failure to follow this agreement, whether its via a phone call, text message, social media, email, or written agreement, will be grounds of terminating any future business without notice, and penalties will be applied. Withholding of payments, and future loss of revenue will be demanded. Any monies owed to Carrier will also be withheld, or applied towards loss of revenue.
- Exceptions for damages must be noted on the Bill of Lading at time of delivery, a claim for damage not documented on Bill of Lading will not be honored. Damage claims must be filed within the next business day of delivery of the vehicle. To file a claim you must submit 2 written estimates and pictures of the damage. If this information is not received within 3 days your claim will not be processed. To file a claim call: 780-988-8034, or 1-855-7GO-HAUL. You can email claims to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 1-877-295-2321. All claims, subrogation, litigation, or legal action must have right of venue in the province of Alberta, city of Edmonton, in the municipal court.
By either submitting, or accepting the order by phone, text, via fax, or by email Go Dispatch understands you are placing, or accepting the order and accept the terms conditions (in lieu of your signature) found here and on any of methods mentioned #13.